Wednesday, May 28, 2014

5 DIY Projects for the Garden


 Welcome to my Garden Project Round-up.
I have 5 garden project ideas that I want to share with you.

A few years ago my husband built me some raised garden boxes. I've always wanted a small garden near the house and this is right outside my back door. It looks really sad in the winter. 
This is the before planting and after planting. 
I love decorating. I love crafting. More than gardening :) 
Here are a few of my projects; my attempt to decorate the outdoors.  
First is my Farmers Market sign. I took an old board, some stencils and I colored the letters in with chalk.
 Then I traced around the letters with a black sharpie and 
then I colored them in. Easy and Done!

I called this project my "Outdoor Chalkboard" sign.
I painted a board black. Then I traced around some letters with chalk. I used a white paint pen to color them in. 
The white paint pen really gives this a chalky "look".

One of my most popular posts was this Garden Hose Wreath
Old hose+Dollar Tree stuff= Fabulous.

On Old Pallet leaned up against the fence is a perfect place for flowers. I just placed the pots on the inside of the pallet.
 I had sugar snaps growing up this pallet last year.

My favorite all time garden project is when I hung this Mirror on the fence. It came from Salvation Army for about 7 bucks. I used an outdoor primer on it and it still looks pretty today.

I hope you were inspired by my garden projects.
Thank you so much for stopping by
Thrift My House.

18 comments:

  1. Great garden projects, and I especially love the fact that your garden is right outside your kitchen.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden projects are wonderful, Sherry! Your garden looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your garden looks amazing. I love everything. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, your garden is impressive. I love how you hung that mirror. I never would have thought to do that.you are too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! Love the Farmer's Market sign...brilliant! And your garden is growing beautifully, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed with all of your projects. Thank you for sharing how you crafted them. I was always afraid to put a mirror outside. Is there a danger of reflection, and fire? Must be where you place it.
    Your plants sure look great!! Nice garden area.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry- Your garden is just gorgeous! I love your raised beds AND that mirror is such a good idea! It all looks great! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garden space! So neat how you used non traditional items like the mirror etc... Lovely!!

    Have a blessed afternoon...

    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your ideas Sherry, but my absolute favourite is the mirror in the garden. I think it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours and am your newest follower. I would love to have a garden like yours! We have a fence, but it's our neighbors so I can't add anything to it. But I can add primer to my mirrow and hang it somewhere....thanks for telling me what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still having serious garden envy!!!! Love your projects. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherry,
    I love it all. You know I love the mirror in the garden and the hose wreath is awesome. Your farmer's market sign and herb sign are pretty cool too. It all looks fabulous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is so pretty! I love how you've added pretty elements around it too. The black chalkboard style sign with the vegetable names on it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm ALWAYS inspired by your projects - but just adore your garden ideas ( still love that wreath )
    I've been asking John to pick up some pallet boards for weeks now - going to ask him again right this minute - I know just what I want to do -
    You're the best Sherry !!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sherry! Such a beautiful garden you have! I love all of your DIY projects. The hose wreath is such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. And get a load of those gorgeous veggies too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a wonderful garden! I saw another garden with a mirror a few minutes ago and now yours just cinches it...I have to get a mirror...and a vine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, these are all such cool ideas. Love the signs and mirror, and how you used the pallet as a planter, as is. They all look gorgeous, not to mention your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.